Friday, March 13, 2009

Yeah!! I finally started a cake blog!!

I have been thinking about starting one of these for a while, so here we go! I love making fun cakes. It started way back when my dad made a taco cake for a scout auction. It was the hit of the night. Ever since then, I can't get enough. For each child's birthday, I have to come up with something fun, that represents them and is unique!! I am kind of known for having the "cool cakes". It's kind of fun for me. I am not super creative, but I think I can make a mean cake. Hey, you have to be good at something, right???

Well, I am going to start us off by posting a few of the fun cakes I have made, but I need help!! I want your cakes, too. Send me pictures, information, instructions, ideas, flops, successes.....You get the idea! I NEED YOUR CAKES!!! So, send them to me. I can't wait to see what you all have been up to.

Email me at emily.williams76@gmail.com Tell your family and friends and invite them all to come see what "The Cutest Cakes in Town" is all about! Thanks for checking me out!!!!

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to see pictures. You should check out Melindas- she has done some amazing ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pirate ship is cool! Cute idea for a blog! When I was growing up, my mom was the person people contacted for all kinds of cakes in Beaver. She makes beautiful wedding cakes and made mine and for my 3 sisters. My sisters all like to do fun ones like you do for their kids and scouts.

    My only attempt was 20 years ago as a gift for a friend-with butter pecan icing for sand on the beach. I made two palm trees (out of construction paper) and stuck a $20 in between them like a hammock. It was cute, but the Polaroid is dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've got a ton of cute Cake idea's. I remember two specific cakes that my mom made for the scouts when Shawn and Tad were in it. One was Yoda. It was SOOO CUTE. The other was a rubics cube! WAY cute as well. If I ever get my scanner to work I'll post them both. I also had a friend make Garrett a monkey cake for his 1st birthday. It was also one of the cutest. At that same time I had her make one for Pauls birthday. It was the symbol for Fox, you know the motorcycle symbol? Once again if I ever get my scanner to work, I will totally download them! I'm excited to see all your creativity. Maybe you could start a business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I will be emailing you some of my cakes--I do the same thing--I love making fun birthday cakes for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to send you a few of my cakes. But I think I changed my mind after seeing what you're posting. I like fun cakes but you all go a little above what I do. Maybe I should send you some so you can have an easy cake section. Some cakes that almost anyone can make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emilay! I love this blog, I can't believe I'm just finding it. I can't wait to see all your fun creations. And you better believe the second you get anything cupcake related posted, i'll put it up on Utah Loves Cupcakes.

    i have a few cakes I've done that I'll email ya. I don't have the best how-to's written but I can give a basic idea of what I did. :)

    ReplyDelete