Monday, March 16, 2009

The Walk of Shame...

So, apparently, this is what a Pirate Ship cake is supposed to look like. Holy Cow! I feel like a schmuck. I should delete the picture of mine. Yuck.

This one was sent to me by my cousin Melinda. Apparently we both have the "fun kids cake" gene! Fun to see how much you can have in common with some one you don't know as well as you'd like. This is how I had pictured mind turning out. And, sometimes when I close my eyes, it's what mine looked like! he he.

Here are the instructions that she sent with the cake: Made two cakes and cut out the shape of a ship. I used homemade marshmallow fondant (cut into planks) for the outside of the ship. The deck I frosted with butter cream frosting. I made the masts out of royal icing (piped onto wax paper and let it dry), the treasure box, plank and anchor were made out of marshmallow fondant. This is one of my favorite cakes ever!!

Thanks, Melinda, for sending in all of the cute cake pics. There will definitely be more to come from her!!! Keep 'em coming people. I love it. I need all the inspiration I can get. #3's birthday is just around the corner!!!

p.s. something fun in the works. A birthday cake contest for our Relief Society. I'm just saying, I'm bringing my "A" game. Look out. I'll post pictures and the outcome when it's over!! No giving up the secret cake, just yet!!!

3 comments:

  1. So cute...see why I won't send you a picture of my Elmo cake...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get a cake just like this at Albertsons too. Or you can just buy the pirate pieces.

    ReplyDelete