Friday, March 13, 2009

Ahoy Mateys!!

Okay, so admittedly, this is not my best cake. But I don't want to give it all up on the first date....you know what I mean?? This one I got the idea from Family Fun and kind of tweeked it a little bit. After I finished it, I looked at it and realized that it didn't look like a pirate ship at all, but it sort of resembled, well...a floating hunk of chocolate. I think I could have figured something else out on my own, that would have more closely resembled a ship. Oh well. Live and learn, it made a 6 year old boy happy. Mission accomplished. Quite proud of the face that the root beer barrels actually resemble kegs, or something piratey (?)! Have you ever done a pirate cake? I bet it kicked my pirate cake's trash. Send 'em in...


p.s. only if you are in my family, will you understand the importance of the disco tray!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I did a pirate cake last year, but I'm not nearly as good as you! I can make it taste good, but lookin' pretty isn't my game!!

    ReplyDelete