Sunday, April 5, 2009

Monkey'n Around

My cake savvy cousin, Melinda, sent me this cute monkey cake! Isn't this darling. I just love it!! She made it for a "groom's cake". So clever!! I love monkeys and this one is awesome. I am entirely untalented, now I see that...

Here's what she did:

I used a winnie the pooh 3-D cake mold. After baking the cake I cut down the nose, cut off the ears and didn’t follow the markings when frosting. I added ½ of a nilla wafer for each ear and some extra cake cut into the shape of a tail. I decorated all over (except hands/feet and face) with stars. I got the bananas from runts candy.

Thanks again, Melinda!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Runts! What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we cut this cake at the reception, Adam wanted to cut horizontally.....you know, slice of his head?I thought that was kind of morbid for such a cute cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! If only that talent was shared throughout the gene pool, the world would be a much better place!

    ReplyDelete