Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Butterfly Cake

Wow! THat is one bad picture. Thank heavens for the digital revolution!!!

I actually scanned a scrapbook page that I wasn't willing to ruin. Sorry!

This cake I made for my daughter's first birthday! My first big cake. How exciting. That was 8 years ago. Yikes!

I made 2 9 by 13 cakes and made a template of the wings on a piece of paper. Then I cut them out and used 2 twinkies for the body/head. I just laid it all out on the tray and then frosted it with white frosting (obviously) and used sprinkles and tube gel frosting to decorate and I think I used black shoestring licorice for antennae, but I don't remember! Hope this brings loads of spring time inspiration!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cake...but more than anything, I'm trippin' over the kitchen in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete