Saturday, June 20, 2009

Caterpiller Birthday Cake

So, here is my ONE slimy. slithery. creature cake!! I usually try to talk them into something that I "know how to make" or can figure out! This one took a little research and development, if you will. I ended up using two bundt cakes that I made. Cut them in half from side to side not top to bottom. Connecting them flat surface to flat surface and it made a curvy caterpillar! Frosting was a bit more tricky than I had bargained for, but it worked and it was a big hit!! I just used gum drops and tooth picks to make antenna. I don't actually know if caterpillars have antennae, but mine did!!!! So, sue me.

Turned out pretty cute, right?


The birthday boy. Crud, he is so little in this picture. My how time flies!! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment