Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Red Velvet "Man" Cake

My friend Andy sent me these pictures to document her husband's first cake. It's officially called the "Man Cake". Apparently this is what happens when you watch too much "Cake Boss"!!!


I have never partaken of said "Red Velvet" cake. Have you? Is it a Southern thing? I thought it was something they made up for the movie "Steel Magnolias". That said. Apparently it is a real thing and after these pictures, I really REALLY want to try some!!!!


That's some RED cake batter if I've ever seen some!!!!






Here's the cakes all stacked and ready to frost!! Can you say YUM!!! I hear it was supposed to be four layers but it would have toppled!!!






Here's the "man" at work!! (Go Bill. You can really work an apron!!!) Yes, he's curling white chocolate!!!!!!! What a cake stud!





She never told me what kind of frosting, but by the color I'm guessing cream cheese?




Wow. I'm sold. Red Velvet cake, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment